Sunday, May 1, 2016

The First Full Day - Saturday, 4/30/16

We spent our first full day in Walt Disney World at the Magic Kingdom and, wow, that really wore me out.

We started our day out early with the goal of making it to the rope drop ceremony, which we did, so that was awesome. Our first stop was to see "talking Mickey" and then Tinkerbell. Both experiences were cool and, I wish I could have taken non-stop pictures in that little room where Mickey was because the attention to detail is just amazing.

After that, we ended up riding the little double-decker bus down Main Street U.S.A. which was also a first time and a very neat first experience.

I don't remember the exact order of all of the rides and attractions we did yesterday and, since Joy is still asleep and I can't verify what I'm forgetting, I'll just hit some highlights:

We rode Big Thunder Mountain Railroad and, for some reason, Sophie got herself worked up to the point that she did not want to ride it. So, being the loving, understanding, compassionate parents that we are, we forced her to get on. Before you gasp in horror at this, just know that she's ridden it before and she ended up absolutely loving it (again). As soon as the ride was over, she said she wanted to ride it again. I want to mention that there was a cast member working the ride named Rachael that, when she saw Sophie upset, she took the time to squat down and explain to Sophie how the ride would be and that she could totally do it. This was despite the fact that there were people waiting to get on behind us. This cast member took her time to encourage my daughter and it was just very nice to see.

After this, we hit the classic Splash Mountain. This was Lily's first time riding it and she LOVED it. Even though Disney will probably never ever release The Song of the South for anyone to see, ever again, the ride endures. It really is like being inside a cartoon.

I almost forgot to mention that we rode the TTA, or People Mover twice in a row. I know that's not a thrill ride but, it's a classic that our family enjoys.

Well, we've got another busy day ahead of us, this time at Disney's Hollywood Studios. Lily has been talking about riding the Tower of Terror since the moment we got here so I really hope she likes it.

I will leave you now with a few highlights, or pictures/videos I took with my phone. The stuff on my camera will have to wait to be processed in Lightroom. I will probably write another post sometime that gives more details (like how crazy Sophie and Lily acted during Mickey's Philharmagic), but for now, it's time to sign off.



Proof that we made it to the rope drop show.



Enjoying some treats just outside the exit of The Enchanted Tiki Room



No comments:

Post a Comment